About Legacy Foundation
Legacy Foundation is a community foundation and the leading philanthropic partner serving Lake County, Indiana. We have been connecting people with resources since 1992.Legacy Foundation serves the community in five important ways:
- We help donors plan how to invest and manage their charitable assets.
- We provide grants to organizations serving the Lake County community.
- We offer scholarships to Lake County students as motivation to graduate high school and attend college.
- We collaborate with local leaders to solve problems and enhance residents' quality of life.
- We serve as a mentor and resource center to ensure nonprofit organizations can effectively provide services to our community.
Legacy Foundation has awarded nearly $30 million in grants and scholarships to benefit organizations and individuals. We have helped more than 250 nonprofit groups with capacity-building initiatives and project funding.
Today, we manage more than 260 individual donors' funds representing nearly $40 million in assets.
Legacy Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization operating under the leadership of a volunteer board of directors. Our board represents a diverse spectrum of the business, education, nonprofit and public sectors throughout Lake County.
Whether you are already a friend to Legacy Foundation, or just getting to know us, thank you for visiting our website. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you make a difference in the community, apply for grants or scholarships, or learn about community needs.Give. Lead. Make a Difference.