South Shore Funders (SSF) is a consortium of regional funders in northwest Indiana. The collaborating entities in South Shore Funders (SSF) have a common broad mission of serving as leaders of philanthropic activity for Northwest Indiana, improving the quality of life through strategic grant making and provision of resources which enable the people of northwest Indiana to help themselves and others.
Participants of SSF are working together to provide a structure for collaboration, to facilitate synergy, reduce duplicated efforts, and to enhance their impact in northwest Indiana. These efforts will enable the confidential sharing of data, and will act as a “think tank” for the major funders in the region.
This collaboration has several goals, which may evolve over time, but will include:
- To provide information on current private sector funding trends so that the participants will be able to have a greater impact in their support of regional non-profit agencies
- To identify common-funded programs
- To provide information and insights on current giving patterns, identify those giving patters as they relate to Quality of Life Indicators, pinpoint funding gaps and determine areas of over-saturated funding
- To provide a forum for communication between regional funders, a forum to share information and best practices
- To demonstrate collaboration while respecting each organization’s giving guidelines