Community Action Awards
Just as your voice matters, what you do matters.
Legacy Foundation is pleased to announce that we will distribute Community Action Awards to help On the Table participants take action on ideas coming out of their conversations. Ten winners will receive $1,000 each to make their idea become a reality!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Coming out of your On the Table conversation, we invite you to submit a project idea that benefits your community. Ideas could include activities such as planting a community garden, buying school supplies for a classroom in need, cleaning up a local playground, or supplying dinner for a week at a local food pantry – be creative!
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to be eligible to submit your idea, you must have attended an On the Table session.
You can submit your idea one of two ways:
- Create a short video (between 60-90 seconds). The video can be shot with your phone, (no need to be produced, professional quality, or edited) and should answer the questions listed below.
- To submit your video, visit WeTransfer.com and email the video file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and contact information in the message box.
- Submit a written narrative (between 100-150 words) with a photo attachment. The narrative should be in Microsoft Word and should answer the questions listed below. The photo should be representative of your project, the location where you would like the project to occur, or the people who will be involved in completing the project. The photo can be shot with your phone and does not need to be produced, edited, or professional quality.
- To submit your photo and narrative, email email@example.com.
All submissions must be received by October 18. Winners will be announced by November 8.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER WITH YOUR SUBMISSION:
- What is your name?
- Where did you participate in an On the Table Session?
- Did you get this idea from participating in an On the Table session?
- What is the name of your idea?
- Describe your project or activity?
- What would you do with $1,000?
- Why is your idea important for your community?
- Who will be involved and how?
- Where will this take place?
- When will this take place?
AWARDS MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Capital campaigns
- Endowment funds
- For profit entities
- Political or lobbying groups
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Businesses for commercial purposes
- Large (over $500) equipment purchases
- Debt financing
- To attempt to influence legislation
- To attempt to intervene in or participate in any campaign for political office
- Promote illegal behavior
- Support racial, gender, religious, sexual, or other prejudice
- Invade the privacy of any person
- Contain any foul or offensive language